my friend and mentor John Wayne set me a little challenge: to write about myself and who I am…without mentioning any others.
to speak about just myself only was more challenging than i expected.
a part of me resists this deeply.
i realised that for a long time i have been living life through others - attaching my importance and sense of identity to other people. perhaps a direct result of growing up as a twin…
so (gulp), here goes. this is who I AM…
- an adventurer and explorer - i am at my happiest when travelling. from jumping on a plane to journeying outside of time and space to new dimensions of consciousness, exploring new places and realms connects me with innocence - and fills me with awe and wonder.
- a pleasure, freedom and joy seeker - i navigate life based on what lights me up and makes me feel great and the child within jump and down with pure joy.
- an alchemist - i do my best to dive into pain with courage and openness, finding the light within and turning the density into gold.
- a scientist and inventor - i love reading all things scientific about consciousness, spirituality and human evolution, and my life is an endless laboratory in which i formulate new tools, methods and systems for personal and collective evolution.
- a shaman - i am a worker of spirit, with a deep soul connection with the unseen spirit world and my invisible guides and teachers. i listen, i learn, i am led and have been challenged many times to stay true to my path even when everything seemed against me.
- a writer and a poet - i integrate, rebalance and find clarity through writing. when i write i enter a timeless space of words, thoughts and wisdom and connect to higher places of consciousness.
- a dancer - i am my most joyous, most expanded and most alive and aligned with spirit when i am in movement - and especially when dancing. but i also love any form of movement and bodyweight training.
- an artist and creator - my heart leads the way as i pour my creativity into my life, home, work, etc. when i get out of my own way, i find the sheer joy and awesomeness of flow happening through me.
- a photographer and filmmaker - i am most in flow when i have a camera in my hand. the world speaks to me, calling me to capture its beauty and grandiosity in all of its essence
- a visionary and change-maker - with a calling and longing to make the world a better place and to create a New Earth based on love and wisdom and interconnectedness.
- a teacher and speaker - i love sharing what i learn through my own experience, work and research. finding ways to package it up and shared wisdom in a fun and grounded way truly lights me up.
- a student - i am a constant learner and grower. i love and devour books, courses and wisdom from my coaches, mentors and the wise sages around me.
- a lightworker - staying in connection with the light of spirit is a priority: i do what is needed to bring it forth with joy and bliss - and to invite it to shine it in my most uncomfortable places.
- a friend, a son, a brother, a lover - with a heart full of love for my family, community, humanity and planet.
- a coach and mentor - to myself first and foremost, reflecting and adjusting my practices and life as i go.
these different parts dance within
sometimes they flow
sometimes they crash
some take the lead
and some stay behind
as i write i feel my love for all aspects
like old friends
ancient archetypal forces
an ocean of many faces
a recipe of many colours
today my heart is full of gratitude and awe
for this recipe
photo by Ildiko Berez